RegisterHomeForumsGallerySearchFAQMemberlistLog in
Final Clearance: A walkthrough from DOST, BI and NBI
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 1991-2000 DOST-SEI scholars View previous topic
View next topic
Final Clearance: A walkthrough from DOST, BI and NBI
hey_arn0ld
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Final Clearance: A walkthrough from DOST, BI and NBI Reply with quote
Hi there.

I just got my Final Clearance from DOST, Bureau of Immigration and NBI, It was quite an experience and I just want to share it with the hope that my experience would be helpful maybe now or in the future. This forum has helped me big time when I pursued my "release papers" and I want to return the favor.

Step 1: DOST Clearance

Given that you have completed your every year of service for every year of scholarship

1-A. I faxed them my Letter of Request for Final Clearance and my Certificate of Employment. After I sent the cmm, I called them to confirm that they have received my cmm. I was asked to call back after 3 working days. It took me 7 days to get my Certificate of Final Clearance from the Director. I was required to get it personally from DOST (in Bicutan)

1-B. I was requested to bring the original cmm (Request for Final Clearance and Certificate of Employment) when I claimed my Certificate of Final Clearance. Once there, I presented the original cmm and in return, they gave me 3 cmm. cmm 1 is a memo from the Director reminding me that all clearance request from other govt agencies require 3 days to process. cmm 2 is a Letter addressed to the Commissioner of Bureau of Immigration stating that I no longer have service or financial obligation with DOST and that my name can be removed from the watch list. cmm 3 is a Certification Letter needed when I get clearance from DFA and NBI. These cmm have dry seal in it. After that I went home and savored the moment

Last edited by hey_arn0ld on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:05 am View user's profile Send private message
hey_arn0ld
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Reply with quote
Step 2 - Bureau of Immigration Clearance

Hurray!!! One down, two to go. Be sure to bring your original cmm and you have duplicate copies of it.

My next destination is the Bureau of Immigration. BI is located in Magallanes Drive, in Intramuros Manila. You can take the LRT and drop off Central Station or take a Jeep and drop off City Hall. Take the underpass and turn left on the street before Jones Bridge then turn right. Walk straight and the Beige-colored building is the Bureau of Immigration. No need to transact with Fixers. Go inside, present an ID to get a visitor's ID.

2-A. Upon entry, I was asked to go to Window 5 (that's on the left side upon entering the building). I was presented a set of instructions:

2-B Go to Room 303. I handed the fellow the ORIGINAL and a duplicate copy of cmm 2. The fellow put a stamp "RECEIVED" on both the ORIGINAL and the duplicate copy.

2-C Go back to Window 5. I went back to where I started and handed out the "RECEIVED" copies. I was asked to go back 3 days after. The fellow kept the ORIGINAL copy and I was given the duplicate copy. Yehey! Rejoice and savor the moment.
Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:19 am View user's profile Send private message
hey_arn0ld
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Reply with quote
I can't understand why "cmm" appears to replace the actual words that I type.

In getting DOST clearance....

Once there, I presented the original copies of my Letter of Request for Final Clearance and Certificate of Employment and in return, they gave me 3 letters. LETTER 1 is a memo from the Director reminding me that all clearance request from other govt agencies require 3 days to process. LETTER 2 is a Letter addressed to the Commissioner of Bureau of Immigration stating that I no longer have service or financial obligation with DOST and that my name can be removed from the watch list. LETTER 3 is a Certification Letter needed when I get clearance from DFA and NBI. These papers have dry seal on it. After that I went home and savored the moment

In getting Bureau of Immigration clearance....

2-B Go to Room 303. I handed the fellow the ORIGINAL and a duplicate copy of LETTER 2. The fellow put a stamp "RECEIVED" on both the ORIGINAL and the duplicate copy.
Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:23 am View user's profile Send private message
hey_arn0ld
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Reply with quote
Step 3: NBI Clearance

I processed my Bureau of Immigration Clearance and NBI clearance on the same day since the Bureau of Immigration Office (Intramuros) is an LRT-ride away from Carriedo, where the NBI office is located. There has been a number of great and helpful posts on how to get an NBI clearance so I won't zero in on this step. This link was useful to me when I got my NBI clearance: http://dunongkalye.wordpress.com
Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:41 am View user's profile Send private message
hey_arn0ld
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Reply with quote
STEP 4-5: Final Act: Bureau of Immigration and NBI Clearance

Remember that I was told to come back to get my Bureau of Immigration Clearance and NBI Clearance? I was required to come back on Tuesday and Wednesday (for the two bureaus respectively) but I decided to come back yesterday (Friday) for practicallity reasons.

Let me start with the NBI clearance.

4-A. Armed with LETTER 3 (Original and duplicate) and the NBI Official Receipt, I went back to Carriedo to get my NBI Clearance (for abroad). No need to pay the P20 pesos, just tell the guy you're there for releasing. I went straight up to STEP 7: RELEASING and presented my Official Receipt (tip: go there on a Friday 4PM, walang pila). She scribbled on my receipt and asked me to go the Quality Control Room.

4-B. Once in the Quality Control Room, I gave my Official Receipt to the person in charge and he got my NBI information card that I filled up a couple days ago. I gave him a DUPLICATE copy of LETTER 3 and that explained why I got a HIT. He stapled the Duplicate LETTER 3 with my filled up NBI information card and asked me to give it to the records clerk office also located inside the Quality Control Room.

4-C. I went back to STEP 7: RELEASING to get my NBI Clearance (orange for local, green for abroad). I gave her my Official Receipt and after a few minutes, the printer roared and Presto! I have my Green NBI Clearance. I savored the fresh scent of the paper I'm holding and when I got to see my picture, I burst into laughter. NBI - CLEARED!
Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:58 am View user's profile Send private message
hey_arn0ld
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Reply with quote
And now, one office stands on the way, the Bureau of Immigration.

I have browsed through this forum but I have not found any posts regarding getting a clearance from the Bureau of Immigration, thus my post. Here it goes:

5-A. Armed with duplicate copy of LETTER 2 with a stamp "RECEIVED", just as I was told to, I went to the 2nd floor, in the OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER. The office is tightly guarded that before I can go in, I had to go through this person dressed in a marine uniform. I told him my purpose and he referred me to the Office of the Deputy Commissioner which is the last room on the corridor (turn left if you're coming from the first floor).

5-B. I went into the Office of the Deputy Commissioner. I was referred to the lady whose table is the first table on the right as you enter the door and told her that I'm there to get my "Release paper" from the Bureau.

I was shocked when she asked me if I'm already PAID. I said, "Payment for what?" She said, "for the release of papers." I said, "DOST did not mention that I should pay something," She said, "Now you know." I asked her, "How much?" and she said "500 pesos." She gave me directions on where to pay, I had to go outside the building premises to the nearby building on the left, at the back of Banco De Oro and there was a satellite office there.
Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:15 am View user's profile Send private message
northgate_pioneer
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post i need a new clearance!!! Reply with quote
how can i get another clearance???
Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
hey_arn0ld
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Reply with quote
Hello again, fellow DOST Scholars. I'm sorry I had to leave because I have to attend to the processing of my passport today. DFA is accepting passport renewal / application today at Makati City Hall. I think it's a project of our Mayor. Anyway, that's a different story. Let me finish the walk through.

I was utterly shocked and pissed to know that I had to pay something. I wanted to call DOST but who will I talk to? I also don't know any fellow scholar who had already gone through the entire process to validate whether a payment is required for the release of Immigration Clearance papers. She presented to me a photocopy of the memo, already signed by the Deputy Commissioner and told me to present this when I get to the cashier. Just as she directed, I went out of the Bureau of Immigration Building, turned left to the adjacent building, entered through the gate, turned right and there's a Satellite Office there with cashiers. While walking, I'm still wondering what I am paying for and why am I paying for something I am already entitled to.

Inside the satellite office, I went to the fourth window and presented the photocopied letter I received from the Deputy Commissioner's Office. I simply asked her two questions: What am I paying for and Why am I required to pay. Her answer to the first question was it's a fee for lifting your name on the watch list and her answer to the second question was because being a DOST scholar, you should fulfill and not escape from your service obligation. She even asked me where I am going (she must be assuming I'm going to another country). I courteously reminded her that I have ALREADY finished my service obligation and I am already entitled to a clearance and I don't have to pay for anything to which she simply shrugged her shoulders and said, "Ewan ko ba, basta ganyan kasi yun e." Knowing that I can't get straight up answers to my straight up questions, I just proceeded to the second window and bid farewell to my 500 pesos. I had a little consolation when she gave me an Official Receipt. I said to myself, maybe this receipt can clear things up. I read the receipt and the item that I paid for was "EXPRESS LANE FEE."
Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
hey_arn0ld
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Reply with quote
The Official Receipt made it worse. First, I do not understand why I am required to pay for the release of a cmm that I am entitled to and that has been already signed, and now I can't understand why I am paying for an Express Lane Fee. For one, I was required to go back Tuesday but I went 3 days later, on a Friday so there's no expediting that happened.

I went back to the Deputy Commissioner's Office and presented it to the same lady that previously entertained me. She got my receipt, photocopied it and I also saw a number of duplicate copies of my release papers for the Bureau. She put a dry seal on one copy and handed it to me, She also attached my Official Receipt with it and said, "Pag paalis ka na at nagkaproblema, pakita mo lang yan." (I think she's referring to BOTH the Official Receipt and the dry sealed Bureau of Immigration Clearance). Before I left, I saw her running the fax machine with my release papers. She said that they are sent to the different airport authorities. IMMIGRATION - CLEARED!
Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
hey_arn0ld
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Reply with quote
I hope I was able to help shed light on the adventures of getting clearances from DOST, Bureau of Immigration and NBI. It was quite an experience to say the least. It took me about a month to process everything. Remember:

ORIGINAL Copy of LETTER 2: Given to the Bureau of Immigration
DUPLICATE Copy of LETTER 2: Yours as souvenir

ORIGINAL Copy of LETTER 3: Yours as souvenir
DUPLICATE Copy of LETTER 3: Given to NBI
DUPLICATE Copy of LETTER 3: Given to DFA (when you apply passport)

You know it's finished when you have your Green NBI Clearance, Bureau of Immigration Clearance (with Official Receipt) and Philippine Passport.

So there, thanks for your time and I wish you all the best. You can also use this thread to share your experiences. God Bless!
Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
hey_arn0ld
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Re: i need a new clearance!!! Reply with quote
northgate_pioneer wrote:
how can i get another clearance???

Hi Northgate_Pioneer,

Why do you need a new clearance? Anyway, I think you have to go through the entire process again, starting with DOST.
Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
jay ar brul
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
thanks for the very informative post harold. very useful to, kaya lang sa february pa ko kukuha ng mga clearances
Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
hey_arn0ld
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Reply with quote
Hello fellow DOST Scholars,

Wow, 240 reads. That's cool. Hope you really find this thread helpful.

Anyways, I already got my passport and good thing, it has no resemblance to my NBI clearance picture. I don't know if you'll feel the same way, but when I got my passport, I felt a sigh of relief, not because I'll be leaving the country, but it's more of a sense of fulfillment. Finally, after rendering and completing my service obligation, after threading the streets of Bicutan (DOST), Intramuros (BI), Carriedo (NBI) and Makati (I applied for my passport at Makati City Hall), I now possess a PILIPINAS PASAPORTE. I guess I am finally cleared.

I'll be going to Singapore, not to work, but to visit my sister who works there. She won't be able to come home for the holidays so the caring big brother that I am, I decided to spend the holidays with her and at the same time reward myself with a tour beyond our area of responsibility. I do hope that I won't have to write a thread about Airport clearance.

God bless :)
Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
girlpuyat07
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Letter Reply with quote
Baka pede pakopya ng letter for final clearance mo bwehehehehe. ;P

Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:02 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
girlpuyat07
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post WEEE!!! Reply with quote
I did exactly as you said on your very first post and tomorrow, I'm gonna get my final clearance!!! :) I'm just SOOOO HAPPY!!! :D

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 1991-2000 DOST-SEI scholars All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: