RegisterHomeForumsGallerySearchFAQMemberlistLog in
DOST-SEI Clearance Guide and FAQs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars View previous topic
View next topic
DOST-SEI Clearance Guide and FAQs
administrator
DOST-SEI Administrator
DOST-SEI Administrator

Post DOST-SEI Clearance Guide and FAQs Reply with quote
A. Who Needs a DOST-SEI Clearance?

1. An on-going scholar who will travel abroad;
2. A scholar who withdrew his/her scholarship but was able to enjoy the scholarship prior to withdrawal;
3. A scholar whose scholarship was terminated but with service obligation; and
4. A scholar-graduate who has not yet secured a final clearance

Why do you need a DOST-SEI Clearance?

A DOST-SEI scholar will secure a clearance from the Science Education Institute while he/she is still complying with his/her scholarship obligations or for the following cooperating institution:
1. National Bureau of Investigation for employment;
2. Department of Foreign Affairs for application or renewal of passport;
3. Bureau of Immigration for airport immigration clearance prior to departure; and
4. Other institutions requiring DOST-SEI clearance

When is the Temporary DOST-SEI Clearance Issued?

A temporary clearance is issued to an ongoing scholar-graduate who has not completed her/his scholarship obligation but will travel out of the country, undergo on-the-job training or be locally employed (for the latter).

What are the requirements to secure a temporary DOST-SEI Clearance?

For continuing scholars:
A. Submit a written letter stating the nature of travel, e.g. official or personal purpose, desti-
nation, duration and other pertinent information about the travel.
B. Accomplished Supplemental Agreement (Form provided by DOST-SEI).
C. Post a surety bond posted with the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) or a
cash bond (with SEI for a travel that is for a month or shorter period) for an amount equiva-
lent to the total financial assistance received by scholar while on scholarship plus 12% interest.

For scholar-graduates and those whose scholarship was terminated or withdrawn:
PERSONAL TRAVEL
A. D1A, D1B, D1C
B. Service Record/Certification of Employment, if any

OFFICIAL TRAVEL: If scholar-graduate’s company is sending him/her abroad for training or any official business - For short-term period:
A. With employer’s guarantee - the employer must write SEI about travel plan: reason for
travel, destination, duration of travel and a guarantee of her/his return and in cases/
you fails to do so, its willingness to reimburse to DOST-SEI the amount equivalent to the period left unserved.
B. Without employer’s guarantee—D1A, D1B, D1C, 2B, and employer’s endorsement of travel

We live among you, hidden in plain sight, we have a different language, but we don't speak it, we are elite, but we don't flaunt it, we are different, but we are on...
DOST-SEI Alumni Community :: DOST-SEI Web Mail
Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
chillout15
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Studying Abroad and DOST Clearance Reply with quote
Hi,

I'd like to ask for information regarding my case.

I am interested in studying for a Ph.D. (takes about 4-5 yrs to complete in the US) abroad next year and settle here in Manila after I finish my degree. Currently, I am a graduate scholar (Master's) under the Accelerated Science program of DOST. Here are my questions below:

1. Will I need to post a surety bond with GSIS?
2. May I reimburse the Total Financial Assistance (plus interest) in installments in case of failure to comply?

Any information will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
zyp
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post jusk asking!!! Reply with quote
Hi...

I am a graduate of Associate in Info Tech. and I continued it to Bachelors degree. I was a scholar for the associate degree and after that I work as Student aide in our school to continue my study. Was my work as Student Aide is accepted as a job for my DOST clearance, I had my COE for that and I work there for 2 years.

Thanks....
Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:03 am View user's profile Send private message
Greg H. Mendoza
Professional Data Analyst

Post Re: jusk asking!!! Reply with quote
zyp wrote:
Hi...

I am a graduate of Associate in Info Tech. and I continued it to Bachelors degree. I was a scholar for the associate degree and after that I work as Student aide in our school to continue my study. Was my work as Student Aide is accepted as a job for my DOST clearance, I had my COE for that and I work there for 2 years.

Thanks....

I think not. Kasi yung only work na accepted ng DOST ay yung work na nagbabayad ka ng tax. Yung Student Aide kasi parang OJT lang siya.

I hope this helps... Blue_PDT_01_06

Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Greg H. Mendoza

Post Re: Studying Abroad and DOST Clearance Reply with quote
chillout15 wrote:
Hi,

I am interested in studying for a Ph.D. (takes about 4-5 yrs to complete in the US) abroad next year and settle here in Manila after I finish my degree. Currently, I am a graduate scholar (Master's) under the Accelerated Science program of DOST. Here are my questions below:

2. May I reimburse the Total Financial Assistance (plus interest) in installments in case of failure to comply?

Any information will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

1. Will I need to post a surety bond with GSIS? - I think not, you only need to post a surety bond with DOST-SEI, not with GSIS.
2. May I reimburse the Total Financial Assistance (plus interest) in installments in case of failure to comply? - As per my opinion my answer for this is YES

I hope I helped you somehow Blue_PDT_01_19

Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:46 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
zyp
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Re: jusk asking!!! Reply with quote
Greg H. Mendoza wrote:
zyp wrote:
Hi...

Thanks....

I think not. Kasi yung only work na accepted ng DOST ay yung work na nagbabayad ka ng tax. Yung Student Aide kasi parang OJT lang siya.

I hope this helps... Blue_PDT_01_06

Blue_PDT_01_20 thx po sa reply... haaaay... another 2 years... hirap pa nman hanap ng work...
anyways thanks again... wish me luck na lng na makahanap ng work till now la pa rin eh...
Blue_PDT_01_13

Blue_PDT_01_29 ehehe kung meron ka alam reply me... hehehe
Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:35 am View user's profile Send private message
anonymousgirl
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Reply with quote
alam nyo po ba panu procedure ang pagpost ng surety bond? thanks po!
Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
jAzMyNe18
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
problema ko to ngayon.. :(

ako sana ang papupuntahin ng company ko sa China on July pero di ako makuha ng clearance.. ayaw naman ako bigyan ng company ng guarantee letter.. :( so ang only choice ko nalang is magbigay ng bond.. tas bawiin ko pagbalik ko.. 5days lang naman yun.. kaso 1year palang akong nagrerender so more or less 150k pa yung babayaran ko, wala naman akong ganung pera.. :(

baka meron dyan na nakaexperience ng ganito.. pa-help naman po..
Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
angelus123
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post ABOUT TEMPORARY CLEARANCE.... Reply with quote
Hi.. I'm from Region I and I have a problem regarding my NBI clearance... Kahit po ba sa renewal ng NBI clearance kelangan pa po ng temporary clearance from the DOST?? For local employment lang naman po eh. Besides natapos ko naman ang aking pag-aaral kaya service obligation lang po ang required sa akin.. Ang tagal po kasi ng process sa NBI.. hinohold po ang aking clearance for about a month now.. Ung TRACER form na ibinigay ng DOST ay naaccomplish ko naman na.. kaso wala pa po dumarating na temporary clearance ko from DOST. I hope meron po makakatulong.... Maraming salamat and God bless..
Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:50 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Jehzeel Laurente
Supreme Quality Rate
Supreme Quality Rate

Post Re: ABOUT TEMPORARY CLEARANCE.... Reply with quote
angelus123 wrote:
Hi.. I'm from Region I and I have a problem regarding my NBI clearance... Kahit po ba sa renewal ng NBI clearance kelangan pa po ng temporary clearance from the DOST?? For local employment lang naman po eh. Besides natapos ko naman ang aking pag-aaral kaya service obligation lang po ang required sa akin.. Ang tagal po kasi ng process sa NBI.. hinohold po ang aking clearance for about a month now.. Ung TRACER form na ibinigay ng DOST ay naaccomplish ko naman na.. kaso wala pa po dumarating na temporary clearance ko from DOST. I hope meron po makakatulong.... Maraming salamat and God bless..

Opo kelangan ng temporary clearance for local employment. Blue_PDT_01_10

E-mail: jehzlau@dostscholars.org
Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:57 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
chillout15
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Re: Studying Abroad and DOST Clearance Reply with quote
[quote="Greg H. Mendoza"][quote="chillout15"]Hi,

Any information will be highly appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]

1. Will I need to post a surety bond with GSIS? - I think not, you only need to post a surety bond with DOST-SEI, not with GSIS.
2. May I reimburse the Total Financial Assistance (plus interest) in installments in case of failure to comply? - As per my opinion my answer for this is YES

I hope I helped you somehow b19[/quote]

Thank you!
Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:48 am View user's profile Send private message
Greg H. Mendoza

Post Reply with quote
You're welcome Chillout Blue_PDT_01_12

Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:13 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
keylina
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Letter of request for Final Clearance Reply with quote
Hi! I just want to ask if there is a template for letter of request for Final Clearance? Or kanya-kanyang gawa lang po ba ito? For those who have already received their final clearance, can you guys share a sample of your letters? Thanks much! Blue_PDT_01_15
Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
Greg H. Mendoza

Post Re: Letter of request for Final Clearance Reply with quote
keylina wrote:
Hi! I just want to ask if there is a template for letter of request for Final Clearance? Or kanya-kanyang gawa lang po ba ito? For those who have already received their final clearance, can you guys share a sample of your letters? Thanks much! Blue_PDT_01_15

Kanya kanyang diskarte po :)

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:10 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mafe04
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post just asking.. Reply with quote
Hi guyz!

I am a graduate scholar and my work n aq ngaun kaso ang ipinasa q lng s DOST eh ung Grades q.. wala cla ibinigay sken n TRACER form b un? so need q p pala gmwa ng letter for temporary clearance for local employment? tama b? eh bakit nung kumuha aq ng NBI clearance,eh hnd nmn hinold ung nbi clearance q.. sinabi q lng n DOST scholar aq..

Another question is.. 5 years aq scholar kasi 5 years course ko.. So 5 years aq my service obligation at 5 years din aq mgwowork dito s Phils and hndi aq pwde mgwork s ibang bansa?? Automatic b n pgkagraduate, yun yung start ng pgbilang ng 5 years para s service oblligation???? Grades lang kasi ipinasa ko s DOST..

help me nman pls.. pkiexplain ng mabuti sken.. tnx a lot!! Blue_PDT_01_13 [/b]
Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:29 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: