RegisterHomeForumsGallerySearchFAQMemberlistLog in
The Easiest Way to Get a Travel Clearance
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars View previous topic
View next topic
The Easiest Way to Get a Travel Clearance
Jehzeel Laurente
Supreme Quality Rate
Supreme Quality Rate

Post The Easiest Way to Get a Travel Clearance Reply with quote
I just want to share the easiest way to get a travel clearance from DOST-SEI, based on my experience.

If you're going abroad for an event, business, or other valid reasons, then it's easy to get a travel clearance. For example, you have an event to attend outside the country, all you need to do is fax your letter that is addressed to:

ESTER B. OGENA, Ph.D.
Director
Science Education Institute
Department of Science and Technology

Here's a sample of my request letter for travel clearance.

And also fax a letter from your guarantor. The letter from the guarantor should indicate that they will be liable if ever you'll not return to the Philippines.

Here's a sample of my Guarantee Letter from my Guarantor.

DOST-SEI Fax No.: (02)8390086

After the fax has been sent, you need to call DOST-SEI at 837-2071 local 2382 or 839-0083 to confirm if you fax has been received by them.

Then wait for 2 to 3 days for you to pick up your clearance. You need to call them first if your clearance is ready for pick up.

That's all. I hope this helps.

E-mail: jehzlau@dostscholars.org
Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:13 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
leirbag
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
hello. . .tanong lang po.nakakuha po ako last may ng clerance travel abroad. Unfortunately ndi pa ako naka alis kasi ndi natuloy ang training ko sana sa singapore. nakalagay sa clearance ko allowed lng ako from may1-nov30. What if matuloy ako dis september and december po ako mkabalik may penalty po ba?thanks po. ndi ko na inform sa dost na ndi ako natuloy. . .
Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:33 am View user's profile Send private message
julie18
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Clearance from BOI ( Bureau of Immigration) Reply with quote
hi .. i had already secured clearance from DOST main office in Bicutan. i already had my passport and NBI clearance. What bothered me much is the Clearance from immigration. Do i have to go to the main office (Intramjuros) to secure that final(BOI) Clearance ?
pls i need your reply because i'll be leaving the country by september.
thanks in advance..

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:39 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
leirbag
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
hi julie. . .yup kailangan mu pumunta ng BI at ipakita doon yung letter na galeng sa dost. mdali lng nman.wala pang 10mins. hindi pa ako nkaalis but i think yun ang pinaka important cmm na kailangan natin. yun daw ipresent sa airport. tatakan lng nman nila na allowed kna mag travel. Blue_PDT_01_15
Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
julie18
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
hi leirbag...i already had it last friday! i went to the office of immigration! just as you've said ,in less than 10 mins , i had my name cleared! Yipee!

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
rica_vanessa
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
what should i get first? Passport or the DOST clearance?
Should i get my clearance first and show it pagmagapply na po ako ng passport?
may out of the country trip po kasi ako pero naguguluhan po ako process kung paano po ako kukuha ng passport if may bond pa ako sa dost.

thanks!
Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:05 am View user's profile Send private message
julie18
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post clearance! Reply with quote
hi ..
if you are done with service obligation :
FIRST: secure a clearance from DOST main office in Bicutan , with ff cmm: Transcript of records from school . diploma , and Certificate of Employment which is equal or more than the length of your scholarship program.
SECOND: 3 working days po ung processing nun . .(ung sken ipinadala nila sa home address ko via snail mail) . pde mo na balikan un after 3 days or for sure ask mo nlng dun sa main office.
THIRD: tatlo po ung clearance na ibibgay sau
1. Certification - copy mo
2. Clearance for DFA
3. Clearance for Bureau of Immigration
4TH: if on hand na sayo ung clearance/s, pde ka na mag apply ng passport .dun mo ngaun ipapakita ung clearance for DFA
5TH: then if you are travelling abroad , kelangan punta ka sa bureau of immigration intramuros , for clearance.saglit lang po un ..chap lng nila ng "no derogatory records" .then you are done!
then you ccan go wherever you want! have a good day!

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:18 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
rica_vanessa
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
Thanks julie

But im not done yet with my service obligation what you said applicable pa din po sya?
Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:57 am View user's profile Send private message
julie18
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post hello Reply with quote
if you're not done with the service obligation , di k p pde mag secure ng clearance .one of the requirements kc sa clearance sa DOST ay ung certificate of employment..

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:33 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
julie18
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
try your luck sa pagkuha ng passport.
ung friend ko k c nkkuha ng passport without ung clearance galing sa DOST.
naku bka di k p mkaalis nyan if di kp cleared . unless work-related ung trip mo..pde k humingi ng request sa company mo (if ever working kn) , na ipapadala k abroad .
but if personal na lakad yan , well try your luck .

try mo nlng muna kmuha ng passport . if di hingin ung clearance. swerte!
if hiningi , you really have to be totally cleared before going out of the country,
Goodluck po !

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:40 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
rica_vanessa
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
thanks po.

hay sana hinde hingin. so kelangan talaga ng clearance kahit passport application palang. tsk tsk
Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
leirbag
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
Hi rica, actually ndi nman hinahanapan ng clearance sa DFA pag kumuha ng PASSPORT ( Base in my experienced)..hehe pero need mo pa rin clearance pagdating sa Bureau of Immigration. Blue_PDT_01_12
Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
peng-peng
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Reply with quote
hi leirbag!

this really bothers me a lot simula pa noon. i've asked lots of people bout this already. hmmm... dapat ba na related sa course na natapos mo ung work mo? i'm a stat graduate kc but sobrang lau, as in malayong-malayo talaga yung work ko ngaun sa stat. hope u can answer me. thanks po! :D

Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:07 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
leirbag
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
hi peng, tagal ko hindi nakapasok d2 ha.hehe regarding sa tanong mo, ndi ko alam kung dapat ba related. pero wala naman sinabi sa manual natin dati. Service lng nman d2 sa country. . . Blue_PDT_01_15
Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:11 am View user's profile Send private message
paloma dorantes
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post i have to get a passport but im not yet cleared Reply with quote
Hi to all!
pls do help me..im a dost scholar for 1 sem and stopped studying.now i have worked in my present employer for 3 years...is this considered as a service obligation?if not, what shall i do for me to be cleared and get a passport?
thanks for your help! Blue_PDT_01_19

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: