RegisterHomeForumsGallerySearchFAQMemberlistLog in
Status of Scholarship if extendee due to deferment

Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars View previous topic
View next topic
Status of Scholarship if extendee due to deferment
bellaread
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Status of Scholarship if extendee due to deferment Reply with quote
Hi. I deferred my scholarship for one semester and now, I need to extend the duration of my study for another semester due to subjects that I missed when I still wasn't a bio major. Am I still eligible for financial assistance? I already filed an appeal to the head office complete with a copy of my contract, deferment form and grades for all semesters enrolled. It's been three months since my appeal was filed and I still haven't gotten a reply. Do you know anyone who had the same case as mine? And if so, what happened to their appeals?

Thank you so much!

Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
administrator
DOST-SEI Administrator
DOST-SEI Administrator

Post Re: Status of Scholarship if extendee due to deferment Reply with quote
bellaread wrote:
Hi. I deferred my scholarship for one semester and now, I need to extend the duration of my study for another semester due to subjects that I missed when I still wasn't a bio major. Am I still eligible for financial assistance? I already filed an appeal to the head office complete with a copy of my contract, deferment form and grades for all semesters enrolled. It's been three months since my appeal was filed and I still haven't gotten a reply. Do you know anyone who had the same case as mine? And if so, what happened to their appeals?

Thank you so much!

Too bad I don't know anyone personally with the same case as yours. But I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of mine who is also a DOST-SEI scholar, he was able to stop for a semester, then went back after a semester, and he was able to continue his DOST scholarship.

I think you need to follow up with your regional office for this matter.

We live among you, hidden in plain sight, we have a different language, but we don't speak it, we are elite, but we don't flaunt it, we are different, but we are on...
DOST-SEI Alumni Community :: DOST-SEI Web Mail
Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:21 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
administrator
DOST-SEI Administrator
DOST-SEI Administrator

Post Reply with quote
But I think your case is different, I just misunderstood it. :D

Have you called DOST-SEI regarding the status of your appeal?

We live among you, hidden in plain sight, we have a different language, but we don't speak it, we are elite, but we don't flaunt it, we are different, but we are on...
DOST-SEI Alumni Community :: DOST-SEI Web Mail
Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bellaread
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
Hi! Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I followed up my case with the Regional Office. Their only answer tho is that they would call me once they received the decision from the main office. It's been three months since I filed my appeal.

A month after I filed it, I called the regional office to ask whether there was any decision. They told me that the main office asked for a breakdown of all the financial assistance that I was given since I availed the scholarship and that there's a high probability that my appeal would be granted.

I'm not sure they were following up my case with the main office but instead were only waiting for their reply.

Anyway, I'm still hoping.

Fingers crosses! :D

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: