RegisterHomeForumsGallerySearchFAQMemberlistLog in
NBI vs. DOST-SEI

Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars View previous topic
View next topic
NBI vs. DOST-SEI
gbcwjm
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post NBI vs. DOST-SEI Reply with quote
Please help me guys regarding my status in the Scholarship. It was awarded to me last SY 2001 but I did not maintain my grades and did not receive my allowance starting August 2001 (I only received my allowance for the month of June and July 2001 respectively). I passed the DOST-SEI in Aklan, and enter college in Iloilo City (Central Philippine University). Today, when I went to the NBI-Olongapo City office, I found my self in the QC (Quality Control) Bldg., the reason, DOST-SEI took action regarding my OBLIGATION as a Scholar.
The attorney-in-charge at the QC was asking for a Certification from DOST-SEI that I am no longer under that obligation. My reasons: 1. I did not graduate from my course. 2. I did not enjoy the scholarship to the utmost (only 2 months). 3. I think, this is not ABANDONMENT on my part. 4. I did report to the office after that event last 2001 because I thought that my disqualification in the scholarship is AUTOMATIC (not maintaining my grades).
Please I need your suggestions and comments. Thank you.
Willer Jun Manares, Castillejos, Zambales

Mon May 26, 2008 11:15 am View user's profile Send private message
gbcwjm
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Re: NBI vs. DOST-SEI (with correction) Reply with quote
gbcwjm wrote:
Please help me guys regarding my status in the Scholarship. It was awarded to me last SY 2001 but I did not maintain my grades and did not receive my allowance starting August 2001 (I only received my allowance for the month of June and July 2001 respectively). I passed the DOST-SEI in Aklan, and enter college in Iloilo City (Central Philippine University). Today, when I went to the NBI-Olongapo City office, I found my self in the QC (Quality Control) Bldg., the reason, DOST-SEI took action regarding my OBLIGATION as a Scholar.
The attorney-in-charge at the QC was asking for a Certification from DOST-SEI that I am no longer under that obligation. My reasons: 1. I did not graduate from my course. 2. I did not enjoy the scholarship to the utmost (only 2 months). 3. I think, this is not ABANDONMENT on my part. 4. I did NOT report to the office after that event last 2001 because I thought that my disqualification in the scholarship is AUTOMATIC (not maintaining my grades).
Blue_PDT_01_13

Mon May 26, 2008 11:21 am View user's profile Send private message
diomari
Genuine Prime Mover
Genuine Prime Mover

Post aw Reply with quote
anu ginawa ng NBI sayo?

xenxa po ha gusto ko rin malaman mga pasikot2 sa DOST, wla pa akong alam eh, mas maganda nang mas maaga malaman ko na anu yung mga dapat di gawin sa scholarship, natatakot rin ako baka hindi ko ma maintain grades ko....

Mon May 26, 2008 12:20 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
administrator
DOST-SEI Administrator
DOST-SEI Administrator

gbcwjm wrote:
gbcwjm wrote:
The attorney-in-charge at the QC was asking for a Certification from DOST-SEI that I am no longer under that obligation. My reasons: 1. I did not graduate from my course. 2. I did not enjoy the scholarship to the utmost (only 2 months). 3. I think, this is not ABANDONMENT on my part. 4. I did NOT report to the office after that event last 2001 because I thought that my disqualification in the scholarship is AUTOMATIC (not maintaining my grades).
Blue_PDT_01_13

You should request a certification letter from DOST-SEI. at e reason out mo sa kanila na di mo na enjoy yung scholarship. Blue_PDT_01_15

Based on the scholarship agreement:
Quote:

TERMINATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
DOST-SEI reserves the right to terminate your scholarship if you
o Fail to maintain the grade requirements; or
o Fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship
Agreement
If your scholarship is terminated during your 3rd/4th/5th year:
o You shall refund the total financial assistance you received as a scholar
with 12% interest; or
o After graduation, render service to the country for a period equivalent
to the number of years you enjoyed the scholarship.

at based sa 4th statement mo
Quote:

4. I did NOT report to the office after that event last 2001 because I thought that my disqualification in the scholarship is AUTOMATIC (not maintaining my grades).

Ibig sabihin terminated ka na dapat automatically. Pero dahil tamad ang gobyerno na automatic, kelangan mo pumunta ng DOST para mag report at sabihin na 2 months mo lang na enjoy yung scholarship and then na terminate ka na. So wala kang obligation to pay their financial assistance with 12% interest. Kasi based sa agreement "If your scholarship was terminated during your 3rd to 5th year in college" lang.

Pabasa mo lang sa DOST yung agreement and listen to their explanation, pag may ma explain sila. Then ask for a certification from DOST-SEI na cleared ka na sa lahat lahat lahat Blue_PDT_01_15

I hope this helps...

We live among you, hidden in plain sight, we have a different language, but we don't speak it, we are elite, but we don't flaunt it, we are different, but we are on...
DOST-SEI Alumni Community :: DOST-SEI Web Mail
Mon May 26, 2008 6:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
yatot
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Re: NBI vs. DOST-SEI Reply with quote
gbcwjm wrote:
The attorney-in-charge at the QC was asking for a Certification from DOST-SEI that I am no longer under that obligation. My reasons: 1. I did not graduate from my course. 2. I did not enjoy the scholarship to the utmost (only 2 months). 3. I think, this is not ABANDONMENT on my part. 4. I did report to the office after that event last 2001 because I thought that my disqualification in the scholarship is AUTOMATIC (not maintaining my grades).

Hi... I'm sorry to hear this from you... I am also a former DOST Sholar like you... I graduated 2003. My scholarship was awarded SY 1999.

I was confused... if you were awarded a scholarship on SY 2001, how come you only received your allowances until August lng, hindi ba dapat until sa last pa ng semester dahil dun pa lang ang evaluation ng grades, kung prelims lang ang dahilan, i dont think it's a ground for losing a scholarship... naging problem ko din kasi ito... nagkaroon muna ng evaluation of grades (for the whole semester) and then nung hindi umabot, sa 2nd semester pa ako hindi nakakuha ng stipend...

the OBLIGATION you are referring to is the RIGHT of DOST... kaya nagkaroon ng QC sa NBI because according to the records of DOST-SEI... you are still a scholar to them regarding what had happened to you and your scholarship... unless you DEFERRED your scholarship as soon as you decided not to continue with it...

You should have also informed DOST that you did not graduated from your chosen DOST course... or any course, perhaps... kasi this is how a state university works:

1. A state university is subsidized by the government... if you are enrolled in a state U, you are counted in the subsidy list that the government is giving to the state u that you are enrolled in...

2. DOST is another government agency... meaning another subsidy... because you did not inform DOST regarding your unfinished course or your status of scholarship... ang alam nila, kasama ka sa list nila ng inaabutan ng DOST ng scholarship sa school na nag-enroll ka! ibig sabihin, counted ka sa inaabutan nila ng scholarship money kasi hindi mo agad ni-DEFERRED ung scholarship mo or at least informed them na you are withdrawing your scholarship from them...

3. if you think it is not an ABANDONMENT on your part, i think you are wrong... being a DOST scholar really has a lot of responsibilities... at isa na nga doon ay yung pagsunod sa kanilang contract... HINDI ka matatawag na something like "you abandoned the scholarship" if you at least informed them about your situation in the first place... im sorry for the term but totoo... you really ABANDONED everything... you are dealing with the government for crying out loud... when it comes to contracts... walang nakakalusot sa gobyerno!

4. DISQUALIFICATIONS of scholarship sa DOST is not really AUTOMATIC... you should have wrote a block letter addressed to DOST regarding your school or grades situation and that you are withdrawing your scholarhip... in this way they have a file copy of what you intent to do... at siyempre meron ka ding kopya nito received by them... so that meron kang maipakitang evidence na nagpasa ka ng ganitong klaseng letter... again, you are dealing with the government...

sana nakatulong ako sa iyo... if you have any clarifications regrading these things... dont hesitate to ask more questions...

Please visit my site at: http://yatotchronicles.blogspot.com
I thank you! Bow!
Tue May 27, 2008 10:55 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
yatot
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Quote:

TERMINATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
DOST-SEI reserves the right to terminate your scholarship if you
o Fail to maintain the grade requirements; or
o Fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship
Agreement
If your scholarship is terminated during your 3rd/4th/5th year:
o You shall refund the total financial assistance you received as a scholar
with 12% interest; or
o After graduation, render service to the country for a period equivalent
to the number of years you enjoyed the scholarship.

Totoo yan na kapag failed to maintain grades and failed to comply na DOST-SEI deserves the right to terminate your scholarship... pero it DOES NOT really mean it's automatic based on the following conditions:
1. nagpasa ka ba ng grades sa DOST for evaluation?; at

2. na-informed mo ba ang DOST regarding your academic status, whether you are STILL enjoying your scholarship or not or already dropped out of the university or whatever?;

Quote:
Ibig sabihin terminated ka na dapat automatically. Pero dahil tamad ang gobyerno na automatic, kelangan mo pumunta ng DOST para mag report at sabihin na 2 months mo lang na enjoy yung scholarship and then na terminate ka na. So wala kang obligation to pay their financial assistance with 12% interest. Kasi based sa agreement "If your scholarship was terminated during your 3rd to 5th year in college" lang.

You should go to a DOST office near you to clarify things para wala kang obligations nga... mahirap ang magkaroon ng block list status sa NBI noh! I suggest you talk to them or to the regional director in your area, syempre malumanay... and explain your situation... I agree with admin on this! pero hindi pa din automatically terminated (refer to the above conditions)! It's time and effort consuming, really, pero kapag naayos mo naman na lahat, makakahinga ka na ng maluwag!

Please visit my site at: http://yatotchronicles.blogspot.com
I thank you! Bow!
Tue May 27, 2008 11:09 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
gbcwjm
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Thank you guys!!!! Reply with quote
Salamat talaga guys for your concerns and advices...Thanks to administrator, yatot, and to all!
Bahala na si God basta I know God will make a way...
www.nlmbookcafe.com/blog/manares

Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:30 am View user's profile Send private message
jemme
Supreme Quality Rate
Supreme Quality Rate

Post nbi vs dostsei welcome Reply with quote
welcome gbcwjm.. putek ang hirap ng pangalan mo Blue_PDT_01_10

http://jemme.net
ako@jemme.net
Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:16 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
nazamlao
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
NBI Clearance guide for DOST Scholars: http://dunongkalye.wordpress.com

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
jr_iskolare
Quality Rate
Quality Rate

Post Reply with quote
hey guyZ! how about me?! T_T what shall i do now..

huuhhu.. d ko na tapos contract ko sa dost.. i have sumbitted an xplntion letter to Ms. Ogena - dost bicutan, but no feedback pa rin.. huhuh.. wala ako lahat2x..blacklisted tlaga.. wew...

it could be a long story bt ng ka ganito ang scenario... huhu..

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:34 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vernalequinox
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
i am already cleared by the NBI with no sweat.... hehehehe.. all you need to do is get somebody out there and/or relative to erase your name in the block list.... yun lang.... pgmay kakilala ka sa loob madali na lng gawin... i have a clearance valid for travel abroad na... hehehe.... i got my scholarship in 2001 .. kasi naman ang dami requirements ng DOST and they dont provide naman opportunities with us guys and we have to work pa related to our course to make it valid... hay.... Why not pattern the scholarship like Mombukagakusho of JAPAN which i made it to 2nd phase screening... eh they dont require their scholars to pay for service... hahay...

PSSSTTT>>>> dont flaunt too much becoz you are a DOST Scholar... kasi most of the time the expectation is high... and mas marami pang best scholarship available funded by either foreign or private institution na mas heavigat pa sa DOST... eh magkano lng ba ang stipend ng DOST compared sa bnirereceive ng iba.,..
Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
undergrad
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
hi guys! eto nmn kaso ko: i was awarded a 5-year scholarship in 2000. unfortunately, i wasn't able to graduate. i got two failing grades during my first sem in my final year, as a result, my scholarship was to be suspended, right? what i did was i submitted a letter to our regional director (in baguio city) stating that i will not pursue my studies because there really was no way for me to support myself. i did not go back to the dost office after the day i submitted that letter. after that i came here to Manila and luckily got employed in a call center. i have been with my company for over 4 years now. i recently applied for NBI clearance and i just found out that i am on the watchlist. do u think dost will give me clearance despite my not being able to graduate?

thanks so much guys if you can shed light to my dilemma! Blue_PDT_01_15
Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:03 am View user's profile Send private message
Clarence
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
to the topic starter and those other who got the same prob about NBI.. I think you just need to go to the DOST office since they will give you the clearance about your scholarship.. ako din nun my bagsak but I was lucky na na-consider ung case ko duirng my 5th yr kea natapos ko ung scholarship.. I think the best way pa rin is maintain nyo ugn coordiantion sa DOST since they are really responsible for that. Kea nga tau pumirma ng contract para malinaw ung case at maging maaus ung lahat.
Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:48 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
alpha
Supreme Erudite Data Analyst
Supreme Erudite Data Analyst

Post Reply with quote
Blue_PDT_01_08 Blue_PDT_01_08 sa mga graduating jan mag invite naman kau hah,,gudluck to all

Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: