RegisterHomeForumsGallerySearchFAQMemberlistLog in
tulungan nioo ko gumawa ng letter.. :c

Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » Request Area View previous topic
View next topic
tulungan nioo ko gumawa ng letter.. :c
trixx
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post tulungan nioo ko gumawa ng letter.. :c Reply with quote
i need it badly. I failed one subject this sem and kelangan daww ng letter para di agad2 ma terminate ang scholarship koh. huhu. TULONG!

Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
neolle
Supreme Quality Rate
Supreme Quality Rate

Post Reply with quote
Hello trixx,

Say something that you do not intend to fail but due to some reasons..... and that you will do your best to pass the said subject next sem (i know you will). Explain in your letter that you need this scholarship so much. Just be honest.

good luck.

Blue_PDT_01_18

www.adaycalledtoday.blogspot.com
www.neolle.i.ph
www.squidoo.com/amazingdavao
www.squidoo.com/tribuhagtik

For Visual Basic programmers visit our forum:
http://www.xtremevbtalk.com
Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:27 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Greg H. Mendoza
Professional Data Analyst
Professional Data Analyst

Post Re: tulungan nioo ko gumawa ng letter.. :c Reply with quote
trixx wrote:
i need it badly. I failed one subject this sem and kelangan daww ng letter para di agad2 ma terminate ang scholarship koh. huhu. TULONG!

To whom it may concern,

Please give me another chance to prove that I'm worthy of the scholarship. I failed, but then again, everybody else fails. This is a trial that I'm trying to endure, that I need to face, and I want to overcome with your help. I promise that I'll study harder... and harder to prove that I'm one of the best and part of the DOST scholars.

I badly need your kind reconsideration so that I can continue my studies. I promise to keep my grades higher that before, I promise blah blah blah...

ikaw na mag dugtong :) Kaya mo yan.. Blue_PDT_01_06

Best Regards,
Your Name

Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:38 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jehzeel Laurente
Supreme Quality Rate
Supreme Quality Rate

Post Re: tulungan nioo ko gumawa ng letter.. :c Reply with quote
trixx wrote:

Dear DOST,

I badly need the scholarship, because without it, I can't continue my college studies anymore. This precious scholarship is the only reason why I'm in college now. Without it, I'm possibly one of the out of school youths who are addicted to drugs, rugby and alcohol. This scholarship is really a blessing to me, and a very great opportunity to continue my studies in College.

You know the reason why I'm writing this letter. I hope you'll be benevolent and understanding enough to give me another chance to continue what I have started. I have to face this endeavor with your help. I really really really need the scholarship for my sake and the sake of my family.

My parents can't sustain my need for my college tuition fees and allowances. You're my only hope. You're my only way to survive in this dilemma that I'm encountering right now. I'd rather be dead without you. I'm crying right now. Tears are falling down from my eyes... I can't contain it anymore. I don't know what to do without you. I really, badly, and fervently need the scholarship. I hope you'll give me another chance.... Please oh please... give me another chance...

Huhuhuhu...

Sincerely Your,
Your Name

#################################################

yan pwede na ba yan? Paki correct nalang ng grammar di ko kasi binasa ulit.. hahaha! Blue_PDT_01_04

pati yung fervently.. di ako sure kung tama ba pagka gamit ko.. parang mali kasi.. kaw nalang mag lagay ng synonym if you want Blue_PDT_01_12

E-mail: jehzlau@dostscholars.org
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:52 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
diomari
Genuine Prime Mover
Genuine Prime Mover

Post to trixx Reply with quote
Gusto ku sana makatulong kaya lang di ako magaling gumawa ng letter.

Isulat mulang anu nasa heart mu, i formal mo lang kunti.... goodluck! more powers!

Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:31 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rhes120
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
FYI po, state the real reasons kung bakit nabagsak, and make sure na valid ang reasons mo.
Sa pagsulat ng letter of appeal, huwag mong isulat na you need it badly, all of us fail at some time, etc. Do not ask for them to sympathize, kasi di iyon ang magliligtas sa scholarship mo. Dapat may confidence kang i-state ang real reasons at dignidad para logically valid ang letter of appeal mo. Hindi yung emotionally valid.

eto letter of appeal ko, isa-submit ko sa tuesday.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am a fourth year Computer Engineering student in Cagayan State University. I am also a DOST scholar since first year college. I failed a subject so I am writing to you to appeal for the retainment of my scholarship under DOST-SEI RA7687.

I studied Electronics 2 under Eng. Racquel Andres wherein I acquired a grade of 5.0 or failed. I feel that I do not deserve that grade given the situation our whole class was in.
The situation concerns the whole class because only eight out of twenty-eight of our class passed this subject. In the other class (there are only two classes under that subject), only two out of more than 30 students failed.

The problem started just after the preliminary exams, when we found out that our professor could not solve the problem that she gave for the exams. This event affected the credibility of her teachings in a significant way. Though we questioned the lessons that she gave, we still had no choice but to follow what she has taught us because it is what comes out during quizzes and exams. Then came the midterm exams. She told us to review the lessons we had during the midterms. We were very shocked to find that our test papers were about the lessons in the preliminaries. We consulted her after the midterm exams regarding the test questions. We told her to at least give us exams where we can apply what she has taught us. She then said, “Bakit ko pa ibibigay ang na-master niyo na?”(Why would I give exam topics that you have already mastered?)

The situation turned worse when I asked a lot of questions during one topic. The questions I asked were very pertinent, and I asked them because I did not understand some points. During that time, some of my classmates were playing pranks on each other inside the classroom, laughing discreetly. Unfortunately, our teacher noticed this. Pressured by the questions I asked, she turned her attention toward them to scold. She started scolding at us. We were dumbfounded when she walked out of the room. Some students followed her to apologize. I did not know what happened after that because I stayed inside the room. I then assumed that our class is now in real trouble.

For the whole semester, our professor required us to build amplifiers for our laboratory activity. When she then announced that our last quiz for the final exams will be during our laboratory period, I reviewed a lot. Just before the quiz, I accidentally blurted out that my head is going to split from reviewing for a long time. I did not notice that the professor was at the classroom door. She then announced that the laboratory activity is going to be considered as the quiz. I was taken aback because, assuming that a quiz is at hand, I did not bring my laboratory equipment. I got zero for the last quiz of the final term.
I consulted my friend from the other class if they understood the lessons that Eng. Andres taught them, if they are treated the same way. My friend said no, and lessons were really easy to understand. It was then no longer puzzling that the same topic is easily understood by the other class. Our class of 28 students is a mixture of Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering students. The other class is composed mainly of Electronics and Communications Engineering students and Eng. Andres is an Electronics and Communications Engineer, so I also considered the possibility of favoritism.

The worst part was the final exams. The test paper was about the preliminary and midterm lessons. I then waited for a possibility of a removal exam. There was none. I was not surprised that I got a failing grade because logic assumes that possibility, though I still hoped that I would pass. I have had high grades for Electronics 1 while Electronics 2 is not that different from Electronics 1. It is then surprising why Electronics 2 would be that difficult for me.

As stated in the DOST Scholar’s Handbook, Page 13, a Third or Fourth Year student with a grade of 5.0 or failed will have his or her scholarship suspended until the subject is passed. However, he or she is still required to write a letter of appeal to cite his or her reasons why he or she acquired the academic deficiency. I have also enclosed my complete grades from the first and second semester of the previous school year as it is also required.

I have stated the situation that our whole class got into and I can confidently state that we were treated in an unfair and unjust manner. These events were triggered by what they call “teacher factor” wherein the teacher’s profession is affected by his or her emotions. I would ask you to grant me another chance to prove that I can pass this subject under a different mentor. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss this matter. I appreciate the time that you have taken to read my appeal.

Sincerely

PS. Wag niyong ikalat, baka mahalata hehehe Blue_PDT_01_04 Blue_PDT_01_04

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
administrator
DOST-SEI Administrator
DOST-SEI Administrator

Post Reply with quote
rhes120 wrote:
FYI po, state the real reasons kung bakit nabagsak, and make sure na valid ang reasons mo.
Sa pagsulat ng letter of appeal, huwag mong isulat na you need it badly, all of us fail at some time, etc. Do not ask for them to sympathize, kasi di iyon ang magliligtas sa scholarship mo. Dapat may confidence kang i-state ang real reasons at dignidad para logically valid ang letter of appeal mo. Hindi yung emotionally valid.

eto letter of appeal ko, isa-submit ko sa tuesday.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am a fourth year Computer Engineering student in Cagayan State University. I am also a DOST scholar since first year college. I failed a subject so I am writing to you to appeal for the retainment of my scholarship under DOST-SEI RA7687.

I studied Electronics 2 under Eng. Racquel Andres wherein I acquired a grade of 5.0 or failed. I feel that I do not deserve that grade given the situation our whole class was in.
The situation concerns the whole class because only eight out of twenty-eight of our class passed this subject. In the other class (there are only two classes under that subject), only two out of more than 30 students failed.

The problem started just after the preliminary exams, when we found out that our professor could not solve the problem that she gave for the exams. This event affected the credibility of her teachings in a significant way. Though we questioned the lessons that she gave, we still had no choice but to follow what she has taught us because it is what comes out during quizzes and exams. Then came the midterm exams. She told us to review the lessons we had during the midterms. We were very shocked to find that our test papers were about the lessons in the preliminaries. We consulted her after the midterm exams regarding the test questions. We told her to at least give us exams where we can apply what she has taught us. She then said, “Bakit ko pa ibibigay ang na-master niyo na?”(Why would I give exam topics that you have already mastered?)

The situation turned worse when I asked a lot of questions during one topic. The questions I asked were very pertinent, and I asked them because I did not understand some points. During that time, some of my classmates were playing pranks on each other inside the classroom, laughing discreetly. Unfortunately, our teacher noticed this. Pressured by the questions I asked, she turned her attention toward them to scold. She started scolding at us. We were dumbfounded when she walked out of the room. Some students followed her to apologize. I did not know what happened after that because I stayed inside the room. I then assumed that our class is now in real trouble.

For the whole semester, our professor required us to build amplifiers for our laboratory activity. When she then announced that our last quiz for the final exams will be during our laboratory period, I reviewed a lot. Just before the quiz, I accidentally blurted out that my head is going to split from reviewing for a long time. I did not notice that the professor was at the classroom door. She then announced that the laboratory activity is going to be considered as the quiz. I was taken aback because, assuming that a quiz is at hand, I did not bring my laboratory equipment. I got zero for the last quiz of the final term.
I consulted my friend from the other class if they understood the lessons that Eng. Andres taught them, if they are treated the same way. My friend said no, and lessons were really easy to understand. It was then no longer puzzling that the same topic is easily understood by the other class. Our class of 28 students is a mixture of Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering students. The other class is composed mainly of Electronics and Communications Engineering students and Eng. Andres is an Electronics and Communications Engineer, so I also considered the possibility of favoritism.

The worst part was the final exams. The test paper was about the preliminary and midterm lessons. I then waited for a possibility of a removal exam. There was none. I was not surprised that I got a failing grade because logic assumes that possibility, though I still hoped that I would pass. I have had high grades for Electronics 1 while Electronics 2 is not that different from Electronics 1. It is then surprising why Electronics 2 would be that difficult for me.

As stated in the DOST Scholar’s Handbook, Page 13, a Third or Fourth Year student with a grade of 5.0 or failed will have his or her scholarship suspended until the subject is passed. However, he or she is still required to write a letter of appeal to cite his or her reasons why he or she acquired the academic deficiency. I have also enclosed my complete grades from the first and second semester of the previous school year as it is also required.

I have stated the situation that our whole class got into and I can confidently state that we were treated in an unfair and unjust manner. These events were triggered by what they call “teacher factor” wherein the teacher’s profession is affected by his or her emotions. I would ask you to grant me another chance to prove that I can pass this subject under a different mentor. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss this matter. I appreciate the time that you have taken to read my appeal.

Sincerely

PS. Wag niyong ikalat, baka mahalata hehehe Blue_PDT_01_04 Blue_PDT_01_04

Nice letter ah.. tinanggap ba nila ang appeal mo? Blue_PDT_01_19

We live among you, hidden in plain sight, we have a different language, but we don't speak it, we are elite, but we don't flaunt it, we are different, but we are on...
DOST-SEI Alumni Community :: DOST-SEI Web Mail
Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
rhes120
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
Di ko pa po naipa-pass kasi co-consult pa ako dun bukas.
Chineck ko rin po yung guidebook ng DOST scholars, sabi dun "for any of the cases stated, you may pass a letter of appeal" which means maaaring di na mag-pass. Since according din sa rulebook, puwede na akong mabagsak ng isang subject at suspension lang ang kapalit, baka di ko na kailangang mag-pass.
Hopefully, di na kasi hassle eh.
Co-consult naman po ako dun bukas kaya dun ko lang malalaman.
I keep posting for updates.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
rhes120
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
Nagpunta ako sa office kanina, sabi nila magpa-pass pa rin daw ako tapos suspension daw for one semester. Ang kaso, sabi dun sa rulebook, kailangan lang kumpletuhin ang di naipasang subject. Hanggat di pa naipasa yung subject, suspended ang scholarship. Kaya nga isa-summer ko para suspended lang siya for the summer, not for next semester next schoolyear.
Ewan ko lang kung ganun ang mangyayari, sana ganun nga.
Magpa-pass na ako ng letter once na nakuha ko grades ko sa registrar, di pa kasi kumpleto grades namin eh.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
sigrid_aila
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post nako. Reply with quote
Blue_PDT_01_01
naku. nako ulit.

Fri May 29, 2009 5:21 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
rhes120
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
Yo, pasensya na kung two years late ang reply ko. Gumana yung letter of appeal ko. Na-suspend ito ng isang semester dahil sa delay ng meetings ng DOST officials. Kung sakaling naging before pasukan ang meeting ng mga DOST officials, maaaring di na nasuspend ang scholarship ko noong taong iyon.

Ang naging compromise ng DOST para sa akin ay dapat daw hindi na ako mabagsak ulit sa kahit anong subject sa mga susunod na taon, which is nagawa ko naman. Natapos ko ang subject na Electronics 2 with a grade of 2.0 sa second take ko sa ibang prof, na siyang inaasahan ko ding magiging score ko kung sakaling hindi naging unprofessional ang naging unang prof ko.

Sa huli, ang naging problema ko ay ang smudge sa TOR ko na may bahid na ng 5.0 grade. Isa pa ay ang mabagal na pagproseso ng naging appeal ko.

Ayusin ninyo ang magiging appeal niyo, siguraduhin ninyong valid ang mga magiging rason ninyo. Sa mga di pa nababagsak, galingan ninyo para di niyo kailangan gumawa ng letter of appeal. Sa mga naghahanap ng sample ng letter of appeal dahil may bagsak sila ngayong sem nila, sana pumasa ang appeal ninyo. Galingan niyo din para di niyo na kailangang maabala ulit para lang gumawa ng appeal.

Tue May 31, 2011 2:40 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » Request Area All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: