RegisterHomeForumsGallerySearchFAQMemberlistLog in
VPN tunnels and IPSec services such as IPSecurity

Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » Information Technology Zone - Programmer's Resource View previous topic
View next topic
VPN tunnels and IPSec services such as IPSecurity
Dickhead
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post VPN tunnels and IPSec services such as IPSecurity Reply with quote
I have Smartbro "SHARE IT" as my internet provider. I wonder if anybody knows if Smart support any IPSec services such as IPSecurity?

On my Mac i run IPSecuritas and on most networks here in the Philippines it runs well but not on Smart. Are there anybody who knows if Smart support his and if so how to set this up? Of if they don't support this at all, but this i find strange since all other networks support this so why should not smart do it?

Torleif

PS: More info can be find here about this VPN Tunnels, http://www.lobotomo.com/products/IPSecuritas/index.html
Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:24 am View user's profile Send private message
sUsPenDed26
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
Sir,
As far as I know, based on what I learned in Pre-Sales Field, IPSec Client works in pairs. For example, you have your MAC that has an IPSec Client then your router must support IPSec as well. If one of the devices don't have that capability then IPSec will not be established unless you have another computer that is connected to the router where the IPSec termination will take place. Knowing that "SMARTbro Share It" is designed to allow you to share connection anonymously therefore, it is not possible for it to have IPSec. Feel free to reply for any correction on what I have said.
Thanks.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:54 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » Information Technology Zone - Programmer's Resource All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: