RegisterHomeForumsGallerySearchFAQMemberlistLog in
wanted to pay my bond, but how, where and how much

Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars View previous topic
View next topic
wanted to pay my bond, but how, where and how much
sanepsycho_19
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post wanted to pay my bond, but how, where and how much Reply with quote
hello there, new member here sa site, cool un UI neto. galing. anyway, i was just to ask kung pano po mbbayaran un remaining bond ko. im a 5-yr scholar and worked for 2 yrs now. so i still have 3 yrs to fill in. my work now requires going on-shore, meaning project outside phils. but definitely bbalik d2 after 6 months. how can i be on-shore kung my bond pa. gs2 ko bayaran pero dunno how.
appreciate sa responce ng mga intectual pipol here. thanks!! Blue_PDT_01_06

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:03 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
yatot
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Re: wanted to pay my bond, but how, where and how much Reply with quote
sanepsycho_19 wrote:
hello there, new member here sa site, cool un UI neto. galing. anyway, i was just to ask kung pano po mbbayaran un remaining bond ko. im a 5-yr scholar and worked for 2 yrs now. so i still have 3 yrs to fill in. my work now requires going on-shore, meaning project outside phils. but definitely bbalik d2 after 6 months. how can i be on-shore kung my bond pa. gs2 ko bayaran pero dunno how.

hi there!!!

hmmm... malaki nga ang problema mo... well... if you have money and extra money pa for the 12% tax patong on scholarship, you can always pay the DOST... all you have to do is to go to the nearest DOST office in your area and tell them your problem... mas maganda kung sa taguig branch ka mismo magipag-usap!!!

ganito kasi iyon... kahit vacation lang hindi ka nila papayagan unless you pay them the amount of the scholarship that you have enjoyed plus 12% interest tax... so ung sinsabi mong bond ay kailangan mo munang bayaran bago ka makaalis... kung mayaman naman yung company mo... tell them your problem... baka magawan nila ng paraan para ma-sponsor-an ka nila about sa remaining blond mo plus 12% interest...

ang maganda nyan, kausapin mo muna yung company mo na you cannot go on-shore training because you are currently on-hold because of your scholarship status with the DOST... you can always ask for their assistance, financially, kung pwede...

pero kung hindi talaga pwede but you have the money naman on your own, diretso ka na sa DOST office and tell them your bond problem... im sure they are happy to see you there to give some assistance... and yun na nga, ang sasabihin nila sa iyo ay you must pay the remaining bond plus 12% for i think security purposes na babalik ka ng bansa at hindi mo iiwanan yung responsibilities mo bilang DOST scholar... so there, i hope that helps!

Please visit my site at: http://yatotchronicles.blogspot.com
I thank you! Bow!
Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:18 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
rreyes
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Re: wanted to pay my bond, but how, where and how much Reply with quote
sanepsycho_19 wrote:

Hi SanePsycho_19,

New member rin ako. I was a scholar for 4 years, after graduation I deferred my scholarship obligation to pursue grad studies abroad. I posted a GSIS bond, paid around P3,000 and did some legwork to get my DOST travel clearance. In your case, there are several options. Kung temporary lang, the GREAT news is di mo na kelangan mag-bayad! A letter from your employer guaranteeing that you will return is enough. I think that's the best choice, kung temporary lang naman.

For more details, and for other options, you can read the relevant sections of the scholar's handbook-- downloadable from: region1.dost.gov.ph/pdf_files/Clearance-guide.pdf (hint: google: DOST SEI travel clearance).

-- quoted text from handbook --
o For those who will be sent by the company for an out-of-the-country
training or short term job related activity/ies or to represent the
country in a competition, you may submit a letter of guarantee from
the sponsoring company or recognized organization provided that said
letter states “Should the scholar fails to return in the country within
the given period of time, our company guarantees the refund to DOST-
SEI the amount equivalent to the period left unserved of the said
scholar.”
--- end quote ---

This blog entry may also be helpful -- another DOST scholar shares the key steps to getting a travel clearance.

http://www.yugatech.com/blog/daily-dose/how-to-get-a-dost-sei-travel-clearance/

Medyo hassle lang yung pag-travel at pag-pila, but if you go prepared, you should be fine. Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

-- Reina
Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:41 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jehzeel Laurente
Supreme Quality Rate
Supreme Quality Rate

Post Reply with quote
I guess all of you questions were answered already. If not, don't hesitate to leave a follow up reply Blue_PDT_01_15

E-mail: jehzlau@dostscholars.org
Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:32 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bosslester
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post I want to pay my remaining contract Reply with quote
I am a DOST scholar before and after I graduated I have been working for 3 years and 5 months... From May 15,2006 to present. Now a problem arises with my family here in Cebu, Region 7. And a need for me to go abroad for much greater financial aide to help my family. I am already accepted in one company abroad when they came here for hiring and now processing my cmm for working abroad. And one hurdle that I need to clear up is DOST. I do have the money to pay my remaining contract But My question is what is the fastest and the easiest to transact to DOST and the fastest way to clear my name in NBI and Bureau of Immigration, So that I can get an NBI clearance and Bureau of Immigration Clearance.

Please advise

Thanks a lot
Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:56 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: