RegisterHomeForumsGallerySearchFAQMemberlistLog in
Final Clearance Even If Service Has Not Completed

Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 1991-2000 DOST-SEI scholars View previous topic
View next topic
Final Clearance Even If Service Has Not Completed
princesse
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Final Clearance Even If Service Has Not Completed Reply with quote
Hi,

I obtained my travel clearance and left Philippines last year. Fortunately, I found a job abroad, where I am working now. I am going home on Christmas thus I would have to clear everything so that I can go back to my work abroad after the holidays. I only served my obligation for 3 years out of the 5 years required. I paid a surety bond before I left. However, they informed me that I would need to settle the bond for my final clearance first before I can refund the amount I paid for my temporary clearance for travel. Does anyone of you know how much I would need to pay? Will I be required to pay the full amount or just the number of years I did not serve, i.e. 2 years? How long does it usually take to process the final clearance? I doubt I can process it myself when I go home on Christmas season since most of the dates I know would be declare as holidays - meaning non-working days. I am planning to ask my dad to process the final clearance for me since he was also a signee in the contract. I can just process the refund for the travel clearance bond before I leave. My concern and priority now is to obtain my clearance before I go back abroad on first week January, to avoid hassle or any delays on my return.

Please let me know if anyone has idea, better suggestions, and answers to my questions. I will really appreciate it. Thanks a lot!
Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:30 am View user's profile Send private message
Jehzeel Laurente
Supreme Quality Rate
Supreme Quality Rate

Post Re: Final Clearance Even If Service Has Not Completed Reply with quote
princesse wrote:
Hi,

I obtained my travel clearance and left Philippines last year. Fortunately, I found a job abroad, where I am working now. I am going home on Christmas thus I would have to clear everything so that I can go back to my work abroad after the holidays. I only served my obligation for 3 years out of the 5 years required. I paid a surety bond before I left. However, they informed me that I would need to settle the bond for my final clearance first before I can refund the amount I paid for my temporary clearance for travel. Does anyone of you know how much I would need to pay? Will I be required to pay the full amount or just the number of years I did not serve, i.e. 2 years? How long does it usually take to process the final clearance? I doubt I can process it myself when I go home on Christmas season since most of the dates I know would be declare as holidays - meaning non-working days. I am planning to ask my dad to process the final clearance for me since he was also a signee in the contract. I can just process the refund for the travel clearance bond before I leave. My concern and priority now is to obtain my clearance before I go back abroad on first week January, to avoid hassle or any delays on my return.

Please let me know if anyone has idea, better suggestions, and answers to my questions. I will really appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

Only the number of years you did not serve. They will calculate it for you. You just need to be present in the SEI office and they will guide you through the rest of the process.

You can call SEI main office using the following numbers:
02 839 0083
02 837 2071

E-mail: jehzlau@dostscholars.org
Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:00 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
princesse
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
^thanks... my sister called them up and they said that my father can process it on my behalf, i just need to provide the authorization letter. furthermore, they said they can just transfer the amount that i paid for my temporary travel clearance to my permanent clearance request. the receipt just need to be shown. isn't it a good news?

cool! i hope everyone is safe and fine there... =)
Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
Jehzeel Laurente
Supreme Quality Rate
Supreme Quality Rate

Post Reply with quote
princesse wrote:
^thanks... my sister called them up and they said that my father can process it on my behalf, i just need to provide the authorization letter. furthermore, they said they can just transfer the amount that i paid for my temporary travel clearance to my permanent clearance request. the receipt just need to be shown. isn't it a good news?

cool! i hope everyone is safe and fine there... =)

Wow great! That's a good nes princesse. :) Yep yep, everybody is doing fine naman here. Kawawa lang mga victims ng Typhoon Ondoy, pero everyone is doing bayanihan naman at nag tutulong tulong para maka raos ang mga kapwa pinoy na nasalanta ng bagyo. Blue_PDT_01_15

E-mail: jehzlau@dostscholars.org
Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:06 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
princesse
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
good to hear that. just sad na kailangan pang mangyari ang isang trahedya to bring our people together. this may be the purpose of it. so look forward na lang dapat. but honestly, i can really feel the bayanihan. so so proud to be pinoy. kahit dito, all the Filipino communities are working together to help our fellow countrymen affected by the typhoon back home.

will keep you posted. hopefully soon i could get my clearance na... =)
Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:35 am View user's profile Send private message
jsimon
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
hi everyone! :) i am planning to have a personal travel outside the country this april. my first problem is how will I get my passport. kailangan kasi ng NBI clearance to apply for my passport. my local NBI clearance has a "DOST-SEI scholar, not allowed to travel abroad" (not the exact words, pero same ang thought). baka kasi may ganoong print din ung for travel abroad na NBI clearance.

second, anyone who has an idea of how much will i pay for the surety bond? so i will know how much to prepare.

thanks in advance!
Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bongster Nicol
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
wow... salamat sa thread na to...
Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 1991-2000 DOST-SEI scholars All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: