RegisterHomeForumsGallerySearchFAQMemberlistLog in
going abroad in a couple of weeks

Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars View previous topic
View next topic
going abroad in a couple of weeks
eee
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post going abroad in a couple of weeks Reply with quote
I need to go to Singapore in a couple of weeks, but I neglected the fact that I may be on DOST's hold-departure list. I have a few questions if someone can help me:

1. Do I really need to have a travel clearance for travelling to Singapore for only 3 days?

2. If yes, what exactly do I need to do? I have my CoE's ready.

3. How long will it take to process all of this?
Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:07 am View user's profile Send private message
alpha
Supreme Erudite Data Analyst

Post Reply with quote
i suggest you visit any DOST office near you,,Godbless

Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
eee
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
So, I went ahead to process my final clearance last Monday armed with my certificates of employment from my various companies over the years. I was advised it would take 3 days to process the final clearance, and then it would take another 3 days to get the Bureau of Immigration to lift the hold-departure order on my name. That just gave me enough time to finish both within the week.

But I was also told they had an event this Wednesday and my final clearance may not get signed until Thursday. I pleaded to the DOST officer, and he said he'll do what he can to expedite it. I called Tuesday morning to follow it up, and was told the same thing, but he told me to call Wednesday morning to make sure that I can pick up the final clearance that day.

Early Wednesday morning, I called and got a go signal. I went after lunch to pick up the final clearance. Dr. Ogena's signature was still missing on the NBI and DFA letters, but fortunately the letter needed for BI was signed by the S&T Scholarship Division director. So I just took the BI letter, and was told the DFA and NBI letters will be mailed to me in a few days. It's OK. I just needed the BI letter so I don't encounter any problems with immigration officers at the airport next week.

I went to BI in Intramuros and presented the letter to the clerk. It took live 5 minutes to process, and when it got back to me it was stamped "NO DEROGATORY RECORDS" and the clerk told me to show this to immigration officers if I get apprehended at the airport. I almost left then and there, but I just wanted to make sure so I went back to the BI clerk to verify that my name has been removed from the hold departure order list. She said my name wasn't even on the HDO list in the first place. I asked if she's certain about it. She told me to go up to the Commissioner's Office if I want to verify further, which I did.

What the heck? My name's not even on the HDO list? So, what then? Are all these issues about getting blacklisted in the BI, NBI and DFA bogus threats from the DOST? I remember getting my passport and NBI clearance 2 years ago, and I didn't even present any clearance from DOST to get them as well.
Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
alpha

Post Reply with quote
WHAT????does that mean those HDOs are just threats???

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:29 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
makee18
Savant Prime Mover
Savant Prime Mover

Post Reply with quote
yahoo.....ask your doctor!!!

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:05 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
SeEeDs
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
that's what I thought also alpha. tsk tsk tsk Blue_PDT_01_17
Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
alpha

Post Reply with quote
bt then many of our kalahi(coscholars) ang nagrereklamo na blacklisted nga daw cla,,nakakaconfuse eh...wel matagal pa naman saken na maclear

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:52 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
leirbag
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
I agree with eee.. ng kumuha ako ng passport, wala rin name ko sa mga blacklisted at ndi ko rin nagamit yung clearance na issue sa akin.. even sa NBI, ndi rin nila alam na dost ako, nlaman lng nila kasi pinakita ko pa yung bit2x kong clearnce.

kya nga naguguluhan rin ako...

sa mga ibang may mga problema, ndi kaya yun lng mga ndi ntapos yung duration ng scholarship? yung kailangan bayaran nila yung stipend na binigay sa kanila?
Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:58 am View user's profile Send private message
alpha

Post Reply with quote
so pwedeng no nid for clearance///

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
analizallamedo
Advanced Prime Mover
Advanced Prime Mover

Post Hi co-scholars! Reply with quote
Please clarify this issue... is it really true? so there's no need to get clearance from DOST in order to be issued passport? Wow it's glad to hear... ahaha so I can go abroad? I just graduated from college & already working for few months... I thought I need to render service here in PHil. for five years before I can go abroad. Thanks for this info. guys....

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
eilamaime
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post Reply with quote
i just have my NBI clearance last September 2011 and nakakuha naman ako kaagad without any clearnace from dost. actually,kagagrad ko lang last year.. then, i've tried to apply for my passport last may11,2012 and i've finished the three steps without any hindrance from me being a scholar. for releasing na sa june 1.(crossed fingers). and someone told me that we are not actually "hitted" in BI. wala silang record ng dost scholars na hindi pwedeng palabasin ng bansa. although sa NBi ay meron.magkakanote yung NBI clearance mo ng: "With DOST obligations". parang ganyan (wala kasi sa clearance ko eh.hehehe)
Tue May 22, 2012 9:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: