RegisterHomeForumsGallerySearchFAQMemberlistLog in
2007 Grantee, stopped school in 2010. What to do?

Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars View previous topic
View next topic
2007 Grantee, stopped school in 2010. What to do?
jajamon
Freshmen
Freshmen

Post 2007 Grantee, stopped school in 2010. What to do? Reply with quote
Hi everybody.

I have been avoiding this for two years now but I believe I would have to face it anyway. I'm a 2007 grantee, took up BSECE in TUP-T. Unfortunately, I failed two subjects in the second term of my 2nd year (we're on a trisemestral calendar). I still sent the form for the grades and attached my class cards for that term. Despite the advice of my co-scholars, I did not personally report to the coordinator. Granted the fact that when it happened, I was the president of the scholar's organization I didn't have the nerve to report to the coordinator. I considered filing a Letter Of Appeal during my 3rd year but decided not to do so since I failed another subject during that year I thought there wouldn't be much hope. A professor helped me compose an LOA during my 4th year. I went to Bicutan and tried to file it, they asked me to go back to my school and ask for financial records. I haven't had time to pursue this since it was the same time I applied for a job, which was supposedly part-time only but ended up full time and caused me to stop school and drop my subjects.

I have been working a total of 18months now in the BPO industry. I have since wanted to find out how I go about clearing my name. Although it does not do any harm to me at the moment, I believe not reporting to DOST is not right. I managed to get NBI Clearance back in 2010, for local employment but I want to leave the country someday, I don't want to be stuck here forever.

A fellow co-scholar inquired sometime in March of my status and she was advised that I will need to provide my transcript, breakdown of financial assistance and a certificate from the school's coordinator. They say I'm tag as Non-Compliance scholar.

I don't know what I should do. I know I should face the consequences of my actions but I feel like I need advice before I proceed to the DOST-SEI Office.

Please? Anybody? I'd appreciate any and all information you will provide me.
God speed! :)

Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:52 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
alpha
Supreme Erudite Data Analyst
Supreme Erudite Data Analyst

Post Reply with quote
dude you really have to face the consequences of your negligence.you better go to the DOST nat'l office and talk to them, or you may approach your PSTC first before going there to seek some advise.goodluck dude

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:48 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    DOST-SEI Online :: [Scholars and Alumni Community] Forum Index » 2001-Present DOST-SEI scholars All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: